What is Impaction/Wisdom Tooth Removal?
Impaction is a condition that occurs when a tooth fails to emerge properly through the gum line. Wisdom teeth, also known as Third molars, are particularly prone to impaction because they are the last teeth to emerge in the mouth, and there may not be enough space for them to grow properly.
Wisdom tooth removal is a dental procedure that involves the extraction of one or more impacted wisdom teeth. The procedure is usually performed by an oral surgeon or a dentist, and it may be done under local anesthesia, conscious sedation, or general anesthesia, depending on the patient’s needs and preferences.
The removal of impacted wisdom teeth is a common procedure that is often recommended to prevent dental problems such as infections, cysts, and gum disease.
Different types of Impacted wisdom teeth?
There are 4 Types of Wisdom Teeth:
Wisdom teeth are extra teeth that come in adolescence from teens to twenties. They usually cause pain, swelling, and Infection and they can cause damage to teeth surrounding. Gum can pain like hell if you don’t remove the wisdom it can cause a lot of pain and swelling.
Here are the 4 types of Wisdom Teeth:
- Mesial Impaction
- Vertical Impactions
- Horizontal Impactions
- Distal Impactions
- Mesial Impaction – Mesial Impaction is also known as Angular Impaction Because the tooth gets partially erupted and angled towards the front of the mouth.
- Vertical Impactions – When the wisdom teeth are coming in the right place but are trapped under the gum is called Vertical Impactions.
- Horizontal Impactions – Horizontal Impaction is when your wisdom tooth is lying completely on its side, trapped beneath your gums. Horizontal Impactions are considered the most painful type of wisdom teeth.
- Distal Impactions – Distal Impactions are known as rare in all types of wisdom teeth impactions. Teeth that are impacted in a distal direction are often angled and may also be referred to as “angular impactions”.
How much time will it take to recover from wisdom teeth removal?
The approx time it may take 2-4 days for tooth removal but in severe conditions, it may take 2 weeks to cure. During this time your mouth will be swollen and pain will be there, this will be worst for the first few days but it will be normal.
Can you say a few Symptoms of impacted wisdom teeth?
- Pain or swelling of your jaw
- Red, swollen, or bleeding gums.
- A bad taste in your mouth.
- It can cause pain to the gum besides teeth.
What are the risks and complications of wisdom teeth removal?
- Pain and swelling
- Tooth Decay
- Damage to the nearby teeth
Impacted or Wisdom teeth are molars that don’t fully emerge or grow in an improper direction, causing pain, swelling, and infection. They can also damage nearby teeth and gums. The procedure is usually performed by an oral surgeon or a dentist, it’s not an easy process you have to go through surgery.
Wisdom teeth removal is a common procedure, many people go through it. You have to take care after the removal of the teeth.