Do Aligners Really Work?
Clear aligners have shown to be as effective as traditional braces. These aligners are custom-made and move your teeth into their new position by being replaced after every few weeks. These aligners can fix a lot of your oral problems.
To determine the type of aligners you need, your dentist will examine your alignment issue. Aligners can treat a wide variety of aliment issues like:
Overbite and Underbite
Overbite and underbite are the issues where one set of your teeth overlaps the other. In an overbite, your top teeth overlap with most parts of your lower teeth, whereas in an underbite your lower set of teeth overlaps your top teeth (protruding out teeth).
- Overbites are caused due to thumb sucking or missing lower teeth, they are developed with the jaw development process in kids. However, Underbites may be caused due to hereditary or can occur over time as a result of eating habits, tongue thrusting or mouth breathing.
- If overbites and underbites are felt untreated they can cause serious dental health issues. They can damage your teeth and cause bad breath, speaking problems, chewing problems, jaw movement problems, and gum damage.
- Overbites and underbites can be treated with aligners over time
Open bite can be defined as upper or lower teeth that grow slant and protrude outwards. The teeth that grow slant do not touch the other set of teeth when the jaws are closed.
- Open bites can be caused by thumb sucking, abnormal jaw development, and tongue thrusting.
- Open bites in children can be taken care of when the milk teeth come out. While in permanent teeth open bites can be treated with aligners.
- Crossbite can be caused due to thumb sucking, premature growth of adult teeth or mouth breathing.
- Crossbites can be a problematic issue as it causes damage to teeth and jaw.
- Crossbites can be treated with braces and aligners over a period of time.
As the name suggests in crowded teeth condition teeth are forced closer than normal.
- Crowded teeth is caused by the eruption of too many teeth, or having a small jaw or palate.
- Crowded teeth can be treated with braces, aligners or surgery depending on the severity.
Crooked teeth are misaligned teeth that are caused due to smaller upper or lower jaw.
- Teeth can grow crooked for various reasons like bone loss due to natural aging, gum diseases, early loss of a baby tooth, crowding in alignment and teeth shifting.
- Crooked teeth can cause high risk of infection as they are harder to clean.
- Crooked teeth can be treated with aligners but more severe misalignment would need braces.
Gap in the teeth
As the name suggests this issue occurs when there is an unusual spacing between teeth.
- When we see gaps in baby teeth, it is normal as the teeth grow closer as the baby develops. But gaps in adult teeth might be caused by the tissues between the teeth being oversized or the size of the teeth don’t match.
- Gaps between teeth can be a cosmetic concern but if the space between the teeth is wide then it can issue for other teeth’s growth. Wide gaps can even cause a high risk for dental infections like plaque and bad breath.
- Aligners have proved to be very effective in closing the gaps between teeth.
All of the misalignment problems can be either hereditary or due to unhealthy dental habits. We suggest you to take good care of your oral health by brushing regularly and following healthy eating habits. All of the problems above can be treated at Raghavendra Colony, Kondapur. We have Aligner’s specialists that are well-experienced and skilled.