Dental Care: A necessity for your Kids.
Childhood is that phase of life where they need intense care and protection. Giving a healthy lifestyle to kids has become every parent’s main objective. Today, every human is living in a rat race. Parenting has become a tough job, especially for working parents. But despite all this, they are more concerned about their child’s well-being. Given the present condition, parents are being cautious when it comes to child care.
The period the earlier generation lived was healthier and hygienic. To reduce human efforts many provisions have been discovered such as fast food, frozen food, canned food, etc. to save time. Parents are worried about what to and what not to feed their kids. They are seeking professional help to understand what is best for their kids because eating such food items can lead to bad oral health. Having hygienic oral health is necessary for kids to avoid unpleasant procedures and treatments that require needles, injections, and drills. Maximum kids have Trypanophobia (fear of needles). Doctors and healthcare experts are educating about the importance of Oral Health from an early age.
The most common oral problem seen in kids is Cavities. Cavities are the breakdown or destruction of tooth enamel. They are tiny black colour holes in teeth. Cavities are caused by frequent snacking, sipping sugary drinks, and not looking out for your oral hygiene. It can be found in Infants as well. After feeding the milk, formula, juice, or other sugar-containing liquids, if the infant’s mouth is not cleaned then the sugar which stayed in the mouth can lead to tooth decay. Cavities are mostly seen in the back of your teeth which are Molars and Premolars.
Preventions for your kid’s Oral Health:-
- Make a habit for your kids for brushing teeth twice a day after every meal. Use fluoride toothpaste for brushing. Don’t overuse it as well.
- For infants, clean their gums after each feeding by wiping them with a moistened washcloth. Wrap the washcloth around the index finger and gently massage the gum tissues.
- Encourage your kids for flossing their teeth. The flossing should begin for the age between two and two-and-a-half years. Ensure that you are monitoring them while brushing and flossing till the time they learn how to rinse and spite.
- Make sure you have a habit of visiting your dentist in the standard span of six months but if a child is at higher risk then one can increase the frequency.
- Avoid frequent use of snacks, sugary foods, and drinks. Your mouth bacteria create acid that can destroy tooth enamel. Don’t give them sugar-containing items while to bed. Put a habit of giving tooth-healthy foods.
- Educate them more about Dental Care. Show them some animating videos of how cavities and any other problem caused by ignoring oral health affect our teeth.
Importance of Oral Health can be well explained by our Dental professionals.